Whether you are traveling to India or just visiting the country, it is a good idea to understand what your visa photo and visa document requirements are.
How to Take a Visa Photo
If you are applying for an Indian visa in person, you will need to bring your passport, a valid visa for the country you are visiting, and two passport-sized photos. The process of taking photos can be time consuming, so make sure you have plenty of time before your appointment. Here are some tips on how to take a great INDIAN VISA PHOTO REQUIREMENTS:
-Position yourself facing the camera with your hands at your sides.
-Keep your face straight and look into the lens of the camera.
-Make sure your hair is pulled back away from your face and avoid wearing any accessories that could obscure your features.
Types of Visa Photos
One of the most important things you need to know when applying for an Indian visa is that you will need to submit passport-style photos. The following are the requirements for these photos:
Your photo should be 2×2 inches in size and taken in a light, neutral color.
You must have a clear background.
You must not wear any glasses or contact lenses in your photo.
Indian visas are not required for citizens of most countries who are traveling to India for tourism, business or medical reasons. However, there are a few exceptions.
Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of your intended departure from India and must have at least two blank pages.
Some common Indian visa requirements include: a valid passport, a visa application form, two passport-size photos, and a photocopy of your passport’s data page. INDIAN VISA DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
For further information on visa requirements and document requirements for Indian travel, please visit the website of the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs.
Indian Visa Document Requirements
Indian visas are issued on the basis of a valid identity card. Your identity card must be valid for a period of at least six months after your planned departure from India. If you are applying for an e-visa, your identity card must be current and have no visible markings that would indicate it is not valid.
To apply for an Indian visa, you will need to provide two copies of your valid identity card. One copy will be submitted with your visa application, and the other copy will be attached to your passport as a visa endorsement. The passport copy should have the full name, date of birth, photograph, and signature of the applicant clearly visible.
If you are applying for a tourism or business visa, you will also need to provide proof of financial support (a bank statement or letter from your employer). If you are applying for a student visa, you will need to provide proof of enrollment at an eligible educational institution.
Packing a Carryon Bag For Your Indian Visa Trip
If you’re traveling to India for tourism, business, or a family vacation, you’ll likely need a visa. And if you’re American, you’ll need a special visa known as an e-Visa. Here’s what you need to know about getting an Indian visa:
- Apply online. The earliest you can apply for an Indian visa is 90 days before your trip. You can apply online at the Indian embassy or consulate in your country of residence. Note that some countries don’t have an Indian consulate, so you may have to visit the Indian embassy in another country first.
- Bring plenty of photo identification. You’ll need two valid ID photos: one that shows your face clearly and one that shows your passport photo clearly. Make sure the photos are recent and free of shadows or other blemishes.
- Bring your passport and visa application form (if required).
- Bring your passport copy and hotel reservation confirmation (if required).
- Bring your airline ticket(s) and onward tickets if leaving India within 24 hours of arrival (unless otherwise exempt).
- Carry proof of funds available for your stay in India (
What you need to have in your handbag on arrival
If you are travelling to India, make sure you have all the required documents with you when you arrive. Here is a list of what you’ll need:
– Indian visa – This needs to be applied for ahead of time and can be obtained from any Indian embassy or consulate.
– Passport – Make sure your passport has at least six months validity left and has no restrictions on the length of your stay in India.
– Ticket confirmation – You will need to show this to the immigration officer upon arrival in India.
– Photographs – Two passport size photographs will be required for your visa application. Make sure these are recent photos and not ones from when you first travelled to India.
– Cash – Enough cash to cover any expenses while in India, including taxes and tips.
– Spare clothes – If you’re travelling in warm weather, it’s a good idea to pack some extra clothes in case something happens to your original clothes while you’re away.
After reading this article, you will know what documents are required when applying for an Indian visa. Additionally, you will know the requirements for a valid photo ID and how to take one. Lastly, you will be able to understand the importance of having all of the required documents before applying for a visa. Thank you for taking the time to read this article.