If you are planning on visiting India for tourism or business purposes, it is important to be aware of the different visa requirements that apply. This guide will outline everything you need to know about Indian visas, from the types of visas you can apply for to the steps involved in renewing your visa. WHAT IS REFERENCE NAME ON INDIAN VISA
What is a Reference Name on an Indian Visa?
As a foreign national visiting India, you will need to have a valid Indian visa. A reference name is the name by which you are known in India and on your visa application. It must be the same as the name on your passport or other travel documents.
How to Renew Your Indian Visa
If you are a citizen of India, you can renew your visa in person at the Indian embassy or consulate in your home country, by mail, or through an online service.
To Renew Your Indian Visa In Person:
- Check with your Indian embassy or consulate to see if they offer a renewal service in person.
- Make an appointment and bring your passport, visa application form (available from the embassy or consulate), and two recent passport-sized photos.
- Bring any documents that may be required for your visa application (e.g., proof of health insurance).
- If you are applying through an online service, make sure you have all the required information handy including your passport photo and personal ID number (PIN).
To Renew Your Indian Visa By Mail:
- Download the form available from the embassy or consulate. The form must be filled out completely and correctly to be accepted. You will also need to include a photocopy of your passport page with your current visa stamp on it and two recent passport-sized photos. Send the completed form, including all required documents, to the address listed on the form. It is best to send the forms by postal mail as this is considered more secure than sending them through email or other online services. HOW TO RENEW INDIAN VISA
To Renew Your Indian Visa Through An Online Service:
- Go to the website of the applicable online service and enter your personal
-To renew your Indian visa, you will need to present a valid passport and an original letter of invitation from the Indian embassy or consulate.
-You may also be required to provide evidence of financial stability, health insurance, and accommodation in India.
-Your visa will expire on the day it is issued, not the date it is renewed.