Want to go on a holiday to India but don’t know what the visa requirements are? Wondering if you need a photo for your visa application? Read on to find out the latest Indian visa photo requirements, as well as the necessary documents you’ll need to apply.
What are the Indian visa photo requirements?
To visit India, you will need a valid visa from the Indian government. The visa requirements for Indian citizens are different depending on your nationality. However, all visitors must submit a passport-style photograph as part of their visa application. INDIAN VISA PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
If you are a citizen of a country that is not listed in the Visa-required countries list, you will need to provide an invitation letter from an authorized representative in India. This letter must be on official letterhead and should state the purpose of your trip, your dates of stay, and the names of your contacts in India. You may also need to provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to cover your stay and expenses in India.
All visitors who are not citizens of one of the countries listed on the Visa-required countries list must obtain a visa from an Indian embassy or consulate prior to travelling to India. Visas can take up to 3 weeks to process, so be sure to apply well in advance of your trip.
What are the Indian visa document requirements?
The Indian visa document requirements are as follows:
– A passport valid for six months beyond the period of stay required on the visa
– A visa application form (available from an embassy or consulate)
– Two recent passport size photographs
– Proof of travel expenses (a confirmed reservation, ticket purchase, hotel reservations or proof of donation to a charity)
How to apply for an Indian visa?
If you are a foreigner who wants to apply for an Indian visa, you will first need to gather the required documents. The following are the most important requirements: INDIAN VISA DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- A valid passport with at least six months remaining validity.
- A visa application form (available from Indian embassies and consulates).
- Two passport-sized photographs (taken within the last six months).
- Proof of financial support (a bank statement, employment contract, etc.).
- Payment of visa fees (currently $60 for a single-entry visa and $140 for a multiple-entry visa).
- Completed visa application form.