In this article, the author discusses the Indian e-visa application process and even goes on to explain how people can apply for an Indian e-Visa online. Find out about new developments in the application process for making it easier for foreign nationals in India to obtain an e-Visa.
What is an eVisa?
An electronic visa is a travel document that you can use to travel to countries in the Schengen Area. The eVisa application process is easy, and you can apply online. You will need your passport information, a photo, and the complete application form. The eVisa application fee is $25.
Types of modes of entry to India
The Indian e-Visa Application Process is a lot more streamlined than what many people are used to. There are now three types of modes of entry to India, which is a huge improvement from the old system where only traditional visas were available.
The three types of modes of entry are as follows:
– Traditional tourist visa
– Employment visa
– Student visa.
Traditional tourist visas can be obtained through your travel agent or an online application. Employment visas can only be obtained from a registered employment agency in India. Student visas can be obtained through an Indian embassy, consulate, or legation in your home country.
There is no need to apply for any of these visas in advance; they can all be applied for on arrival at the airport in India.
Steps to apply for an Indian eVisa online
The Indian e-visa application process is straightforward and can be completed in just a few steps. Here are the steps to apply for an Indian eVisa Online:
1. First, you will need to access the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website and click on the “e-Visa” link in the main menu. This will take you to the eVisa application page.
2. On this page, you will need to provide some basic information about yourself, such as your full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number. You will also need to provide your contact details (including email address), as well as the details of any accompanying individuals traveling with you.
3. Next, you will need to upload a scanned copy of your passport photo. This can be done by clicking on the “Upload Photos” button and selecting the photos you would like to upload. Please ensure that all of your photos are of good quality and have been taken in color.
4. Finally, you will need to pay the applicable visa fee using either Bank Transfer or Credit Card. The Bank Transfer option is available only if you are applying from outside India.
Registering your travel plans with the Indian embassy
Registering your travel plans with the Indian embassy is the first step in applying for an e-visa. The process is fairly straightforward and can be done online. You will need to provide your passport information, including residence and date of birth, as well as your travel plans. You will also need to provide a copy of your itinerary, which should include the dates you will be in India and the cities you will be visiting. You will also need to upload a scanned copy of your passport and visa application form.
Once you have completed the online registration process, you will need to mail or fax the completed forms to the Indian embassy. You should receive an email confirmation once your application has been received by the embassy. If all goes well, you should receive your visa within a few weeks.
If you have any questions about the e-visa application process, please feel free to contact the Indian embassy.
Applying for your Indian Visa on Arrival
If you are traveling to India for leisure or business purposes, it is important to apply for your Indian visa as soon as possible. The visa application process can be a little daunting, but with a little patience and organization, it can be easy to get your visa in a timely manner. Here we outline the steps you need to take to apply for an Indian visa on arrival.
1. Make sure you have all the required documents. You will need a passport containing at least six months’ unused travel stamps, Proof of Residence (usually an electricity bill or bank statement), and two recent passport-sized photographs. You will also need to submit a ticket indicating the dates of your travel, and proof of financial resources in the form of a valid credit card or bank statement.
2. Contact the nearest Indian embassy or consulate for more information about applying for a visa. Some embassies have online applications available, while others require you to make an appointment in advance. You should expect to spend around US$50-60 on application fees, although this may vary depending on the embassy or consulate you visit.