This article is written to provide guidance to Indians who need an Indian visa for UK citizens or an Indian eVisa for British citizens.
What is the Indian Visa for UK Citizens and Indian eVisa for British Citizens?
The Indian visa for UK citizens and the Indian eVisa for British citizens is a document that allows entry into India for a specific period of time. It is issued by the Government of India and is required for all foreign nationals, except those from certain countries which have bilateral agreements with India that allow for visa-free travel. The Indian visa for UK citizens and the Indian eVisa for British citizens is valid for a maximum of 60 days from the date of issue and allows multiple entries into India.
How do you apply for an Indian Visa or an Indian eVisa for British citizens?
If you are a British citizen, you can apply for an Indian visa or an Indian eVisa by following the steps below:
- Go to the website of the Indian embassy or consulate in the UK that has jurisdiction over your area of residence.
- Download and fill out the application form for an Indian visa or an Indian eVisa.
- Submit the completed application form, along with all the required supporting documents, to the embassy or consulate.
- Pay the visa fee, as specified on the website of the embassy or consulate.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive your visa or eVisa via email. Indian eVisa for British Citizens
How much does it cost to get an Indian Visa or an Indian eVisa for a British citizen?
There are two types of visas that Indian citizens can apply for when travelling to the UK – a standard visa or an eVisa. The cost of a standard visa is £87, while an eVisa costs £93.
If you are planning to travel to India and want to apply for a visa, you will need to fill out an online application form. Once you have submitted your application, you will need to pay the visa fee. You can pay the visa fee online, by credit or debit card, or through PayPal.
Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation with your unique reference number. You will need to use this reference number when checking the status of your application online.
It usually takes around three weeks for a standard visa application to be processed. If you are applying for an eVisa, your application will be processed within 72 hours.
What are the requirements to get an India Visa or an India eVisa for British citizens?
The requirements to get an India Visa or an Indian eVisa for British citizens are as follows:
– A British passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India
– A duly completed and signed Indian Visa application form
– Two recent passport-size photographs (35mm x 45mm) with a light background
– Supporting documents for the purpose of travel to India (such as a confirmed hotel reservation, return air ticket, etc.)
– The applicable visa fee
- What is an Indian Visa for UK citizens?
- How do I apply for an Indian Visa?
- What are the requirements for an Indian Visa?
- What is the process for applying for an Indian Visa?
- How long does it take to get an Indian Visa?